Bartercard members can resolve this situation by using Bartercard Trade Pounds within the Exchange network on expenses relating to marketing activities. Marketing and advertising mediums available through the Bartercard network include:
- CRM Systems without the cash costs!
- Advertising in magazines, newspapers, radio
- Website design and management
- Signage: billboards, taxi, truck and mobile billboards
- Creative services, including design and placement
- Merchandising, including branded uniforms
Additionally, Bartercard members benefit from the services provided through their membership in the Trade Exchange, including:
- Free listing in the printed directory, which provides other members with your business’ contact details and a short description of your goods and services
- Free listing on the international online directory, providing all 35,000 trading members worldwide with your business’ details
- Bartercard stickers and tent cards to display in your business’ premises to promote the fact that you are a member of the Bartercard network
- The Bartercard brand to be placed on collateral, to promote your membership in the Bartercard network (this can be obtained with permission from the National Office)
- Bartercard networking functions, where you can meet other Bartercard members in a relaxed setting
- Local- events and member Trade Shows, where you can promote your goods and services to other Bartercard members
Combined, these initiatives allow Bartercard member businesses to expand their customer base further and market their goods and services in a cost-efficient manner.
Bartercard National Directory
Similar to the Yellow Pages, the national directory is an invaluable reference tool for Bartercard members. It lists all current businesses in the Bartercard network, providing not only their contact details, but also a short description of their goods and services. Businesses are categorised according to their goods or services, and further subdivided by geographical location. This makes the task of finding a particular good or service very easy!
The directory is updated and printed regularly. Members can contact their Account Manager (Trade Co-ordinator) with any amendments or updates that they wish to be made between editions. If new members join Bartercard between editions of the directory, their details will automatically be uploaded onto the International Online Directory within one week of joining and included in the next printed edition.